The alternative Rainbow Mountain
Outside of Cusco lies a truly magical landscape of painted colored mountains and sweeping red valleys in the Andes. Rainbow Mountain, also known as Vinicunca, has become something of a ‘must-see’ site on the traditional tourist circuit in Cusco, but is now besieged by hundreds of daily visitors who hike at altitude for a single instagram photo. Few travelers realize that nearby there are in fact multiple rainbow mountains dotting this other-worldly landscape and that Palcoyo, an area of truly breath-taking beauty, can also be visited as a day-trip from Cusco. Known as the ‘alternative rainbow mountain’, Palcoyo sees far fewer visitors and requires much less up-hill hiking, making it a great way to admire Peru’s natural wonders without having to jostle for the best vantage point.
Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain “Private Service” (Full day)
We will pick up from your Hotel: 4:00 AM with our Private Transport we will drive until the small village of Checacupe (located south of Cusco). Where, we will make a stop to see an inca and a colonial bridge and also to grab some last-minute ítems like drinks, snacks, sunblock, rain poncho, etc.
After the short stop we continue one more hour to the base camp. Once we arrive there, we take a short and gradual uphill walk (30-45 minutes) to the Palcoyo Pass (4880m/16,000ft). Here you will have spectacular panoramic views of the 3 Rainbow Mountains and the spectacular Palccoyo peaks as well, as the highest mountain in the Cusco region (Ausangate) and also the Stone Forest in the highest point. We will spend 1 hour at the pass taking pictures and enjoying the spectacular view.
Return and Lunch.
Once we are done enjoying the scenery we walk back down by the same way to the base camp. We now take our private transport and enjoy a delicious, freshly prepared, hot lunch.
After lunch, we will catch our private van back to Cusco. We will drop you off in your hotel.
You will be in Cusco aproximately 5:30 pm.
- Pick up from you hotel.
- Round trip transportation in our bus (bed sit).
- 1 Buffet lunch (eat as much as you like!)
- Hot drinks.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Assistant tour Guide (only for 9 people or more)
- First Aid kit and Oxygen bottle.
- Entrance fee.
- Horse for emergencies.
- Alcoholic drinks and others not mentioned on the list
- Walking stick USD 5.00 (each).
- Rain poncho (can be bought anywhere in the city or along the trail).
- Horse for entire trip (USD 35.00)
What you need to take
- Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rainjacket, gloves)
- Walking boots.
- Walking sticks
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Extra money, minimum 250.00 soles (USD $80.00)
Private service price 2022
Private (Imperial) Service Price: We run this tour only as a Private Service
- USD 199.00 per person for a Group of 2 people (prices reduce if there are more people in your group).
- USD 165.00 per person for a Group of 3 people.
- USD 140.00 per person for a Group of 4 people.
- USD 120.00 per person for a Group of 5 people.
- USD 99.00 per person for a Group of 6 people.
- USD 90.00 per person for a Group of 7 people.
- USD 75.00 per person for a Group of 8 +
Important: Max. Group Size 16 people with 2 Guides.
Llama Path Terms and Conditions
DEFINITIONS: The definitions below will apply throughout these terms and conditions:
- Client means a person who books a trip offered by Llama Path and includes all participants that person may book a trip on behalf of;
- Day Tour means any Trip offered by Llama Path that only lasts one day in duration;
- Deposit means
- For Treks: USD $300 per participant, per Trek, payable to Llama Path at the time of booking the Trek. If a Client wishes to do Wayna Picchu Mountain, or Machu Picchu Mountain, the deposit will be $385 for all Inca Trail treks and any alternative treks e.g. Salkantay, Lares,Vilcabamba.
- PLEASE: Make sure to add the fees associated with your PayPal / VISA transaction (aprox. 4.5%) Llama Path will be sending you a receipt indicating the exact amount we received from you and the amount of the balance to be paid upon your arrival in Cusco.
- For Peru Itineraries: 50% of the total itinerary price, payable to Llama Path at the time of booking the Trip.
- For Day Tours: 50% of the total tour price, payable to Llama Path at the time of booking the Trip.
- Once the deposit is received, we proceed to purchase the permits and all services immediately through the Peruvian Goverment.
- Llama Path means Llama Path, a fully licensed, professional tour operator, based in Cusco, Peru and includes any employees, and associated persons of the company;
- Peru Itinerary means a multi-day Trip offered by Llama Path where trekking is not the main activity.
- Terms means these terms and conditions, as may be updated by Llama Path from time to time;
- Trek means a Trip where trekking is the main activity;
- Trip means any trip, tour or trek offered by Llama Path and booked by a Client.
- ACCEPTANCE: The Client agrees that the Client will be bound by these Terms upon payment of the Deposit.
- APPLICATION AND TERM: These Terms apply to all Trips from the date that a Deposit is paid, until the date the Trip finishes.
- PRICE: The prices of all Trips offered by Llama Path are as listed in the Llama Path offices and on the Llama Path website, and may be updated by Llama Path from time to time. All prices are based on double accommodation, an extra charge will be applied for single accommodation in case of Alternative treks and shot Inca Trail.
- Deposit: the Client may pay the Deposit using one of the following two methods:
- PayPal: using www.paypal.com the option must be selected to ‘send money’ to the address email@example.com, as a purchase of services, not a personal payment.
- Visa: follow the prompts to pay the Deposit using https://www.multimerchantvisanet.com/formularioweb/formulariopago.aspx, found on the payment section of the Llama Path website. The Client will receive an order number, and this must be sent in an email to Llama Path confirming the deposit has been paid.
- Balance: Following payment of the Deposit, the balance payable for a Trip is due as follows
- For Treks and Day Tours: no more than 48 hours before the first day of the Trek, at the Llama Path offices. Payments may be made in cash in USD or Peruvian soles (using the exchange rate on the day). If a Client is unable to comply with this clause, Llama Path must be notified at least 48 hours before the Trip, and will have full discretion as to whether late payment will be permitted.
- For Peru Itineraries: no less than two weeks before the start date of the Trip, using the PayPal method described in clause 5ai. If a Client is unable to comply with this clause, Llama Path must be notified at least two weeks before the Trip, and will have full discretion as to whether late payment will be permitted.
- AVAILABLE DATES: When a Client sends a booking enquiry to Llama Path, they must provide a range of dates that they are available to travel. Llama Path will prioritize the Client’s preferential dates, however the Client authorizes Llama Path to use any of the dates in the range provided by the Client to book a Trip.
- STUDENT AND UNDER 18’S DISCOUNT: A discount will be provided to students aged 25 or under, and persons under the age of 18, at the date the Trip begins. The amount of such discount will be advised by Llama Path. Students must send a copy of a valid university identification card to Llama Path at the time of booking, the identification must be valid for the duration of the Trip, and the physical card must be presented upon arrival in Cusco.
- TRANSFERS: The Client is not permitted in any way whatsoever to transfer a Deposit, including to a different Trip, date, to any other person, or to the balance of another Trip or person.
- If a Trip is cancelled or a Client wishes to leave a Trip, for any reason, the Deposit and any balance paid will not be refundable, . If the Trip has been paid in full, there may be components that the Client can still use, such as the Machu Picchu entrance, train ticket and bus ticket.
- Deposit is non refundable , non transfarable to another date or person Because the permits are purchased through the Peruvian government and due to their rules the permits are not transferable and no refundable.
- Refunds will be provided for Day Tours (City Tour , Sacred Valley , Southern Valley , Maras Moray , River Rafting , Rainbow Mountain , Humantay Lake) as follows:
- 100% refund of the Deposit if Llama Path receives notice of the cancellation at least 30 days before the date of the Day Tour (City Tour , Sacred Valley , Southern Valley , Maras Moray , River Rafting , Rainbow Mountain , Humantay Lake) does not apply for hiking treks.
- 50% refund of the Deposit if Llama Path receives notice of the cancellation between 15 and 29 days before the date of the Day Tour;
- For day tours ,No refund of the Deposit will be provided if Llama Path receives notice of the cancellation less than 15 days before the date of the Day Tour.
- ALTERATION BY LLAMA PATH: The Client acknowledges that travelling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, and understanding that changes may be required. Llama Path may at any time alter a Trip’s itinerary, due to any circumstances that may occur beyond its reasonable control, and will not be liable for any such change
11.FORCE MAJEURE: Llama Path is not responsible or liable where any force majeure event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the control of Llama Path, including but not limited to acts of God, civil or military disturbances, extreme weather, disease, technological interruptions, labour strikes, or acts of war or terrorism . The Client recognizes that Llama Path may need to alter, or even cancel, a Trip in response to a force majeure event or circumstance, and will not be liable for any such alteration or cancellation.
12. PROTEST OR STRIKE EARLY DEPARTURE: In the event of a protest or a strike, which may affect the itinerary of a Trip, Llama Path, at its discretion, may decide to leave early for the Trip in order to provide the best service possible. In such cases, Llama Path will charge an increment to cover the extra costs incurred, such amount as to be determined by Llama Path, depending on the circumstances
13. HOLIDAY OR ELECTION EXTRA CHARGE: Where a Trip takes place on one or more of any of the following days, due to reasons of public holiday, or elections in Peru, an extra charge per person, per Trip will be applied: December 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 31, January 1, and any day that an election may fall on. The extra charge will be determined by Llama Path (35 usd), and covers staff’s fines for missing elections, or is a bonus for staff missing a public holiday.
- EVACUATION: If a Client is not able to complete a Trip, transport costs back to Cusco or the final destination of the Trip, in the case of medical emergency will be covered by the Client. Any other loss, damage or costs related to a Client’s evacuation from a Trip and additional emergency services will also be the Client’s responsibility. The Client agrees to abide by all Llama Path’s guides’ decisions in all circumstances where a Client needs to be evacuated for any reason from a Trip CLIENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Insurance: Llama Path strongly recommends that the Client purchases adequate travel insurance to cover any cancellations, delays, medical expenses, emergencies, interruptions due to unforeseen circumstances, and loss or damage of personal possessions or equipment that may occur in relation to a Trip. The Client acknowledges that the Client is responsible for all loss or damage suffered by the Client, except as expressly provided in these Terms.
- Risk: The Client acknowledges that Trips are adventurous, and inherently involve a certain amount of personal risk, especially Treks. The Client accepts responsibility for all risks associated with a Trip and agrees to neither sue, nor hold liable in any way, Llama Path, or any of its employees for any loss, damage or injury suffered by a Client in relation to a Trip.
- Guide authority: The Client agrees that Llama Path guides have full and final authority on all matters and decisions in relation to the Trip, and the Client will act in good faith to follow such authority and advice of Llama Path guides.
- Preparation: The Client acknowledges that although Llama Path will act in good faith to assist the Client during the Trip, it is the Client’s sole responsibility to ensure that the Client is adequately prepared for the Trip with the correct gear, and any special medial or dietary requirements that he or she may require.
- Passport Validity: The Client must ensure that their passport is valid for at least six months from the date of their arrival in Peru. This is a Peruvian government requirement, and failure to do so may result in permission being denied to enter the country.
- Visa to visit Peru: It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure sure they organize and fulfill the visa requirements, if any, required for their entry and stay in Peru;
- Acclimatization: The Client acknowledges Llama Path’s very strong recommendation that the Client stays in Cusco, or another high altitude city above 3,000 meters, for at least three days before starting a Trek. This will help minimize any possible effects of altitude sickness.
- GEAR: Llama Path require that an additional price be paid by the Client to hire certain gear items that a Client borrows for a Trek. Such prices are listed on the Llama Path website, and may be updated by Llama Path from time to time at its sole discretion.
- PORTERS ON THE INCA TRAIL: Llama Path uses porters on the Inca Trail to carry cooking equipment and tents. This does not include sleeping bags or sleeping mats, these are the Client’s responsibility. A Client may hire an extra porter to assist them in carrying their personal belongings, including their sleeping bag and sleeping mat, however this will require payment of an extra cost, found on the Llama Path website.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Llama Path’s total liability to the Client is limited, to the maximum extent permitted by law, to the amount of money paid to Llama Path by the Client. Llama Path will be in no way liable for any further loss or damage suffered by the Client except as expressly provided in these Terms.
- GOVERNING LAW: These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Peru and the Client and Llama Path agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Peru in relation to any dispute regarding these Term
- For tours outside of Cusco we work with our partners, reliable companies with many years of experience, we always make sure to provide you with the best possible experience through them.
- Prices are subject to change due to social, economic, political and other reasons that prevent us to continue doign our tours with the prices agreed upon prior to the reservation.
- Confirmation According to the authorities it is very important to confirm your reservation 24 hours before the tour so you have to confirm your presence at the tour at least 24 hours in advance.