The Sacred Valley tour is one of the most popular tours in the region. The Sacred Valley of the Incas was a crucial area for the Inca empire and it functioned as both an agricultural, spiritual and political center for them. Throughout its length there are many Inca and Pre-Inca sites that can be found and the Sacred Valley tour visits the 2 main sites, Pisac and Ollantaytambo. Lasting a full day you will get to appreciate the fine works of craftmanship that the Incas produced and see the beautiful scenery of the Sacred Valley. Many tourists opt to do this tour just before their visit to Machu Picchu as you can choose to finish in Ollantaytambo from where you take the train on to Aguas Calientes (the town at the base of Machu Picchu).
''If you are in cusco don't miss out on the Sacred Valley, it is situated slightly lower than cusco and can help with acclimatisation. A days trip can take in a number of sights, the main and impressive one being Ollantaytambo a huge hill fortress, mind blowing in its size and construction, allow some time to look around the town too. The valley is very green and fertile with the river running through and you can even stop off for some chicha morada (a purple corn fermented drink) on the way back to Cusco''.
- Daily departures .
- Need to book in Advance.
- Pick from Hotel for Private Services (07:30am).
- Tour hours: from 07:30am to 18:00 pmish.
- All Included (except gratuities).
Places that are visited
- Pisac Market
- Pisac archeological Inca site
- Ollantaytambo Inca site
- Raqchi lookout.
All Included !
- Round-trip transportation (tourist bus)
- English-speaking Tour Guide
- Tourist Ticket for archeological sites to be visited: Pisaq - Ollantaytambo - Chinchero
- Buffet lunch in Urubamba (a town lying between Pisac and Ollantaytambo) "HACIENDA PUKA PUNKU RESTAURANT
"PLEASE NOTE. Tourist Ticket (BTP Boleto Turistico Parcial) can also be used to visit Moray which is another archeological site (NOT included in the Sacred Valley Tour).
What you need to take:
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho (especially from October to March).
- Warm Jacket
- Water with recyclable water bottle.
- Extra money.
Private Tours are 100% run by Llama Path.
- This is a Must DO tour in Cusco!
Private (Imperial) Service Price: We run this tour only as a Private Service.
- USD 150.00 per person for a Group of 2 people (prices reduce if there are more people in your group).
- USD 120.00 per person for a Group of 3 people.
- USD 100.00 per person for a Group of 4 people.
- USD 90.00 per person for a Group of 5 people.
- USD 80.00 per person for a Group of 6 people.
- USD 75.00 per person for a Group of 7 people.
- USD 70.00 per person for a Group of 8 +
Important: Max. Group Size 16 people.
Why Private ?
Make stops at your will
Take your time to take pictures
Avoid the 30+ people bilinguial group services
Avoid the shopping stop tours to the Sacred Valley
Have a nice tour !
Llama Path Terms and Conditions
DEFINITIONS: The definitions below will apply throughout these terms and conditions:
- Client means a person who books a trip offered by Llama Path and includes all participants that person may book a trip on behalf of;
- Day Tour means any Trip offered by Llama Path that only lasts one day in duration;
- Deposit means
- For Treks: USD $300 per participant, per Trek, payable to Llama Path at the time of booking the Trek. If a Client wishes to do Wayna Picchu Mountain, or Machu Picchu Mountain, the deposit will be $385 for all Inca Trail treks, or $325 for any alternative treks e.g. Salkantay;
- For Peru Itineraries: 50% of the total itinerary price, payable to Llama Path at the time of booking the Trip.
- For Day Tours: 50% of the total tour price, payable to Llama Path at the time of booking the Trip.
- Llama Path means Llama Path, a fully licensed, professional tour operator, based in Cusco, Peru and includes any employees, and associated persons of the company;
- Peru Itinerary means a multi-day Trip offered by Llama Path where trekking is not the main activity.
- Terms means these terms and conditions, as may be updated by Llama Path from time to time;
- Trek means a Trip where trekking is the main activity;
- Trip means any trip, tour or trek offered by Llama Path and booked by a Client.
- ACCEPTANCE: The Client agrees that the Client will be bound by these Terms upon payment of the Deposit.
- APPLICATION AND TERM: These Terms apply to all Trips from the date that a Deposit is paid, until the date the Trip finishes, unless the Trip is changed, cancelled or finishes earlier, in accordance with clauses 7, 8 or 9 of these Terms.
- PRICE: The prices of all Trips offered by Llama Path are as listed in the Llama Path offices and on the Llama Path website, and may be updated by Llama Path from time to time. All prices are based on double accommodation, an extra charge will be applied for single accommodation.
- Deposit: the Client may pay the Deposit using one of the following two methods:
- PayPal: using www.paypal.com the option must be selected to ‘send money’ to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, as a purchase of services, not a personal payment.
- Visa: follow the prompts to pay the Deposit using https://www.multimerchantvisanet.com/formularioweb/formulariopago.aspx, found on the payment section of the Llama Path website. The Client will receive an order number, and this must be sent in an email to Llama Path confirming the deposit has been paid.
- Balance: Following payment of the Deposit, the balance payable for a Trip is due as follows
- For Treks and Day Tours: no more than 48 hours before the first day of the Trek, at the Llama Path offices. Payments may be made in cash in USD or Peruvian soles (using the exchange rate on the day). If a Client is unable to comply with this clause, Llama Path must be notified at least 48 hours before the Trip, and will have full discretion as to whether late payment will be permitted.
- For Peru Itineraries: no less than two weeks before the start date of the Trip, using the PayPal method described in clause 5ai. If a Client is unable to comply with this clause, Llama Path must be notified at least two weeks before the Trip, and will have full discretion as to whether late payment will be permitted.
- AVAILABLE DATES: When a Client sends a booking enquiry to Llama Path, they must provide a range of dates that they are available to travel. Llama Path will prioritize the Client’s preferential dates, however the Client authorizes Llama Path to use any of the dates in the range provided by the Client to book a Trip.
- GROUP DISCOUNT: A group discount will be applied where four or more people book a Trip together, and such discount will be USD $20 per person and will only apply to the following Trips:
- Inca Trail 4 days/3 nights group service;
- Lares Trek 4 days/3 nights group service; and
- Salkantay Trek 5 days/4 nights group service.
Note that the group discount will not apply if a cancellation results in less than four people in the original group.
- STUDENT AND UNDER 18’S DISCOUNT: A discount will be provided to students aged 25 or under, and persons under the age of 18, at the date the Trip begins. The amount of such discount will be advised by Llama Path. Students must send a copy of a valid university identification card to Llama Path at the time of booking, the identification must be valid for the duration of the Trip, and the physical card must be presented upon arrival in Cusco.
- TRANSFERS: The Client is not permitted in any way whatsoever to transfer a Deposit, including to a different Trip, date, to any other person, or to the balance of another Trip or person.
- If a Trip is cancelled or a Client wishes to leave a Trip, for any reason, the Deposit and any balance paid will not be refundable, with the sole exception of clause 10.b. If the Trip has been paid in full, there may be components that the Client can still use, such as the Machu Picchu entrance, train ticket and bus ticket.
- Refunds will be provided for Day Tours as follows:
- 100% refund of the Deposit if Llama Path receives notice of the cancellation at least 30 days before the date of the Day Tour;
- 50% refund of the Deposit if Llama Path receives notice of the cancellation between 15 and 29 days before the date of the Day Tour;
- No refund of the Deposit will be provided if Llama Path receives notice of the cancellation less than 15 days before the date of the Day Tour.
- ALTERATION BY LLAMA PATH: The Client acknowledges that travelling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, and understanding that changes may be required. Llama Path may at any time alter a Trip’s itinerary, due to any circumstances that may occur beyond its reasonable control, and will not be liable for any such change.
- FORCE MAJEURE: Llama Path is not responsible or liable where any force majeure event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the control of Llama Path, including but not limited to acts of God, civil or military disturbances, extreme weather, technological interruptions, labour strikes, or acts of war or terrorism. The Client recognizes that Llama Path may need to alter, or even cancel, a Trip in response to a force majeure event or circumstance, and will not be liable for any such alteration or cancellation.
- PROTEST OR STRIKE EARLY DEPARTURE: In the event of a protest or a strike, which may affect the itinerary of a Trip, Llama Path, at its discretion, may decide to leave early for the Trip in order to provide the best service possible. In such cases, Llama Path will charge an increment to cover the extra costs incurred, such amount as to be determined by Llama Path, depending on the circumstances.
- HOLIDAY OR ELECTION EXTRA CHARGE: Where a Trip takes place on one or more of any of the following days, due to reasons of public holiday, or elections in Peru, an extra charge per person, per Trip will be applied: December 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 31, January 1, and any day that an election may fall on. The extra charge will be determined by Llama Path, and covers staff’s fines for missing elections, or is a bonus for staff missing a public holiday.
- EVACUATION: If a Client is not able to complete a Trip, transport costs back to Cusco or the final destination of the Trip, in the case of medical emergency will be covered by the Client. Any other loss, damage or costs related to a Client’s evacuation from a Trip and additional emergency services will also be the Client’s responsibility. The Client agrees to abide by all Llama Path’s guides’ decisions in all circumstances where a Client needs to be evacuated for any reason from a Trip.
- CLIENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Insurance: Llama Path strongly recommends that the Client purchases adequate travel insurance to cover any cancellations, delays, medical expenses, emergencies, interruptions due to unforeseen circumstances, and loss or damage of personal possessions or equipment that may occur in relation to a Trip. The Client acknowledges that the Client is responsible for all loss or damage suffered by the Client, except as expressly provided in these Terms.
- Risk: The Client acknowledges that Trips are adventurous, and inherently involve a certain amount of personal risk, especially Treks. The Client accepts responsibility for all risks associated with a Trip and agrees to neither sue, nor hold liable in any way, Llama Path, or any of its employees for any loss, damage or injury suffered by a Client in relation to a Trip.
- Guide authority: The Client agrees that Llama Path guides have full and final authority on all matters and decisions in relation to the Trip, and the Client will act in good faith to follow such authority and advice of Llama Path guides.
- Preparation: The Client acknowledges that although Llama Path will act in good faith to assist the Client during the Trip, it is the Client’s sole responsibility to ensure that the Client is adequately prepared for the Trip with the correct gear, and any special medial or dietary requirements that he or she may require.
- Passport Validity: The Client must ensure that their passport is valid for at least six months from the date of their arrival in Peru. This is a Peruvian government requirement, and failure to do so may result in permission being denied to enter the country.
- Visa to visit Peru: It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure sure they organize and fulfill the visa requirements, if any, required for their entry and stay in Peru;
- Acclimatization: The Client acknowledges Llama Path’s very strong recommendation that the Client stays in Cusco, or another high altitude city above 3,000 meters, for at least three days before starting a Trek. This will help minimize any possible effects of altitude sickness.
- GEAR: Llama Path require that an additional price be paid by the Client to hire certain gear items that a Client borrows for a Trek. Such prices are listed on the Llama Path website, and may be updated by Llama Path from time to time at its sole discretion.
- PORTERS ON THE INCA TRAIL: Llama Path uses porters on the Inca Trail to carry cooking equipment and tents. This does not include sleeping bags or sleeping mats, these are the Client’s responsibility. A Client may hire an extra porter to assist them in carrying their personal belongings, including their sleeping bag and sleeping mat, however this will require payment of an extra cost, found on the Llama Path website.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Llama Path’s total liability to the Client is limited, to the maximum extent permitted by law, to the amount of money paid to Llama Path by the Client. Llama Path will be in no way liable for any further loss or damage suffered by the Client except as expressly provided in these Terms.
- GOVERNING LAW: These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Peru and the Client and Llama Path agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Peru in relation to any dispute regarding these Terms.